A commission begins discussing with a client where their artwork will be placed, size, design ideas, timescales and budget. Full guidance is provided throughout.
Many of my mosaic commissions have included the congregation or community groups involved in placing tiles making the completed mosaic a whole made up of many parts of the community. Alternatively, as a professional mosaic artist with over 25 years experience, I am often required to solely create mosaics.
If you would like to convert one of my designs (or your own) into a mosaic, the following steps can be applied
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO A MOSAIC COMMISSION OF CHRISTIAN ART
1. Decide where the mosaic is to be sited
2. Establish the size (advice can be given on appropriate dimensions for the site).
3. Select a theme (you might have already chosen an image or would like the mosaic to be designed by professional mosaic artist Sue Kershaw)
4. Discuss and select the mosaic materials (and discuss costings)
5. Agree a budget
6. Finalise the design
7. The mosaic artist Sue Kershaw will then create the mosaic/work with you and your group and deliver to site
8. Final payment is made by the client
Many examples of my mosaic commissions can be seen on my sister website https://www.mosaicart.org.uk
If you would like to discuss use/purchase of my images or a Christian art commission please contact:
Mosaic Artist (York, North Yorkshire, UK)
Email Sue Kershaw Mosaics
I am a Professional Member of the British Association of Modern Mosaics (BAMM).
St Aelred of Rievaulx Catholic Church Harrogate mosaic
St Joseph's RC Primary School, Preston
Blessing ceremony with the Rt Revd Paul Slater, Bishop of Kirkstall St Mary's Church, Whitkirk, Leeds